Yoga for Anxiety 4 - week Series Starting April 14- May 5 5:30-7PM
Yoga for Anxiety 4 week class
Tuesday April 14, 21, 28 & May 5 530- 7 PM
Must have 6 people for class to begin - 8 people max
Do you struggle with anxiety, stress or panic? Do you want to lower your stress and anxious thoughts? Are you interested in learning how yoga can be a tool for management?
This is a closed group to help facilitate safety and connection within the group.
Stress and anxiety are major problems for many people in today’s society. This yoga group provides some simple and effective yoga techniques to help you cope with feelings of stress and anxiety, improving your physical and mental health.
Yoga offers many methods to lower anxiety, learn greater acceptance, and deeper connection between the body, mind, and spirit. Whether you are new to yoga or are wanting to deepen your practice, this group series can benefit you. Participants will gain:
- Weekly asana (movement) practices designed to meet heightened and anxious energy.
- Specific breathing techniques for lowering anxiety.
- Mantra and meditation practices that they can use with asana (movement) practice or as a stand alone practice.
- Greater insight and experience practicing acceptance, observance, mindfulness, and other concepts from yogic philosophy.
- A supportive environment in which to practice.
- Facilitation from Katherine Hyatt, a yoga trauma-conscious yoga teacher and Licensed Mental Health Counselor.